Monday, April 28, 2008

58 Years of Service on 120


I'm finally done with the Dunn-Barton and Walker Hall photo essay.  It's available here!  

Dunn-Barton and Walker Halls are being torn down after being built 58 years ago.  In order to commemorate their many years of service to ISU we decided to shoot everything with cameras from the era in which they were built.

I shot everything with my grandfather's Yashica-A, and developed everything by hand.  Jamey Davidsmeyer shot everything with his Mamiya, and did all the scanning and editing.

I spent an accumulated 16 hours of shooting, editing, and office time working on this project with Jamey.

Jamey is graduating at the end of this semester and I am thankful to have had him as a photo editor for the past year and a half.  He's a great photographer and a great person.  He will be dearly missed.  I wish him luck in everything he does, though he probably wont be needing it.  He is a very dedicated and talented person and will go far in anything he does.
..but I'll wish him luck anyway.
Good Luck, Jamey.

No comments: